Our company is dedicated to maintaining the confidentiality of your identifiable health information. The terms of this notice apply to all records containing your identifiable health information that are created and kept by our pharmacy. We have the right to revise our privacy practices. Any revision to this notice will be effective for all of your records that our pharmacy has created or maintained in the past, or will in the future.
We may use or disclose your health information in the following ways:
- To treat you
- To designated third parties who may assist in your care such as physicians, therapists, spouses, children, parents, etc.
- For billing or collecting payment for services and items you may receive from us.
- When required to do so by federal, state, or local law.
Public Health Risk:
- Reporting child abuse
- Notifying a person regarding potential exposure to contagious disease
- Notifying appropriate government agencies regarding the potential abuse or neglect of an adult patient (including domestic violence) but we will only disclose this information if the patient agrees or we are required by law.
- In response to a warrant, summons, court order, subpoena, or similar legal process
- To identify/locate a suspect, material witness, fugitive, or missing person
- In an emergency to report a crime
- If you are a member of the US FOREIGN MILITARY FORCES and if required by military authorities
- To federal officials for intelligence and national security authorized by law
- To federal officials to protect the president, officials, or foreign heads of state
- To conduct investigations
- To correctional institutions or law enforcement officials if you are an inmate or under custody of law
- To provide health care services, for the safety and security of the institution
- For worker’s compensation and similar programs
Your rights regarding you identifiable health information:
- Confidential communications
- Request restrictions
- Inspection copies
- Accounting of disclosure
- A paper copy of this notice
- To file a complaint
- To provide and authorization for the uses and disclosures